Sunday, July 27, 2014

DIY: Party Favors

DIY: Party Favors

My first blog post inspired me to do another. This one is very simple,  although it took me quite a while to complete only due to the mass quantity I needed to make, 200 in total. These were part of the party favor bags I put together for my wedding. They are made out of discs of wood, glued to a magnet, voila, refrigerator magnets.


STEP ONE: Select and Cut Material
This step is fairly simple, if you know where to look. Fortunately I knew of a tree that had been cut down and was able to collect some of the limbs to make my discs. They range in size from 2.5" to 3" in diameter and are about 3/8" thick. Like I said before due to the quantity I needed to make it took me a while to cut 200 of these little discs, but once this step is done it's smooth sailing. 

STEP TWO: Stamping Material 
I went to a craft store and picked up a stamp with the message I wanted to appear on the disc, mine happens to be 1 Corinthians 16:14, and an ink pad. I set up on my kitchen table in an assembly line fashion and began stamping the discs until they were all finished. 

STEP THREE: Glue Magnets
I was able to get magnets which I felt would adequately hold up the material they were meant to support. The ones I chose were grade 6 magnets. I flipped over all the stamped discs, placed a bead of glue on each, and pressed the magnet onto the glue. 

Additional Notes: 
After the glue has dried this simple project is finished! Inside the party favor bags, which were simple brown paper lunch sacks with a tag attached with twine, was this magnet, a small bag of candy, and some different flavor teas. There you have it, a really simple and easy party favor! 

No comments:

Post a Comment